Friday 25 December 2009

Humbug!!!

Christmas is as much this year as any other a great big steaming pile of poo. I go because its what you do, every year the same thing. I get less and less in the way of gifts, I have to say my favorite this year are my pop socks!! I don't want loads of money spending on me, far from it. Just a little effort putting in rather than 'that'll do' gifts. Sometimes I feel like an inconvenience more than a family member and by the time the days over I've had quite enough and want to lock everyone out.
Maybe next year I'll pretend I'm sick and just stay at home or I might actually have someone to spend it with and not be 'that single mum'. Meh I don't know.
Anyway on the plus side I am home and my son is upstairs practically wetting himself watching his new box set of Family Guy on his brand spanking new telly I got him (the first one I've let him have in his room and he's well happy) so that's making me smile listening to that :)

The key to Christmas day survival: Breath, relax and DON'T kill anyone :) It will all be over soon enough.